Carpet Buying Tips
Having the right and perfect carpet for your home is very significant. It can be a big challenge in choosing the right one because we don’t always buy the correct carpet.
An important thing to note is that no one’s material or style is superior to another overall. Use the following points when purchasing carpet for your home:
- location of the carpet for installation
- who is using it
- how much traffic it receives
- how large your budget is
- Never buy a new carpet without also purchasing new underlay.
Purchasing the wrong carpet can be a costly mistake if you don’t choose intelligently. The following carpet buying information will arm you with all the info you need before you take the plunge.
Detailed Carpet Buying Guide
Take note of these points when you shop for a carpet:
- Buy the best carpet that fits your budget.
- Purchase the densest pile that is affordable to you. You can check this by folding the carpet sample in half or by pressing down on the carpet to get a feel for how dense it is.
- Check the out the carpet grading to make sure it’s suitable for the room interior
- If you have underfloor heating you can ask whether this will create problems for the carpet or underlay.
- You can take carpet samples home and check them in each room and in different lighting. To do this, you should brush each cut pile carpet with your foot to see if the effect is acceptable.
- Don’t buy new carpet without buying new underlay.
- Get your carpet installed by the store or brand you purchased it from or you can book professional carpet cleaners such as Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Installers.
Why use carpet?
Carpet is multipurpose, keeps your home cooler in summer and warmer in winter. It is also slip-free (particularly advantageous for the elderly), provides a quieter indoor environment and is relatively simple to maintain. The jury’s out, but there is also some evidence to suggest that it helps allergic individuals by trapping dust mites (see allergies).
What are the associated fees?
Carpet priced by the broadloom meter – 1 m x 3.66 m. Make sure you convert to square meters when comparing carpet prices to other floor coverings, for example, tiles or timber.
Not one carpet fibre is inherently more desirable as compared with any other. Each fibre is available in a variety of qualities and prices. The most significant points are choosing a fibre, style and construction matching with your lifestyle and budget; and ensuring it is suitable in the room.
How about colour?
Carpet is available to purchase in every colour, any print or pattern you could imagine. When scouting for a wash, ask yourself – do you want a natural colour that blends in, or do you want a captivating colour that reflects your personality type?
- Lighter colours are ideal for small rooms as they will make it seem more significant, but they will show stains more readily compared to darker shades.
- Dark colours will be inclined to show lint.
- Crisp greens, along with blues, will provide a relaxing effect.
- Reds yellows, as well as browns, will warm up a room.
We offer friendly, expert advice on styles, colours, practicality, and cost. What’s more, we provide a professional measuring and estimate service to make the process that little bit easier. Contact us!